Here are quick summary points from my Meetup group’s Approaching Women Workshop recently. You can join the group here.
1) Why men don’t approach
- They’re unaware that it’s possible, especially through the day.
- They suffer from approach anxiety.
- They see this as a random moment, one off thing that they can’t do, rather than a process, and as something to commit to and learn FOR those random moments.
- Putting aside time to ‘practice’ this will really help.
- Decide in advance when you can do this this week? Where? With who?
- Dress well for it.
- You simply need to get comfortable with it. Courage not confidence.
I was recently interviewed by online dating expert Joshua Pompey. In it I discuss common mistakes, and simple practical advice on approaching and conversing. Check it out here: http://www.getrealdates.com/interview-with-chris-manak/
A situation that I am being asked about a lot lately is “I’ve just broken up with someone and I’m trying to get back out there, but I’m really struggling” I don’t know why, but it seems to be the breakup season. In the last couple of months I’ve come across this situation probably 8-10 times. Read more
The short (and unpopular) answer is that you can’t. But I think the main thing is to accept your nerves rather than fight them. Much like approach anxiety, fighting your nerves or trying to force them away will back fire and make you worse. You need to realise that being nervous in a situation like this is Read more
People are always asking me about ‘inner game’. How to improve yourself internally, how to materialise goals in your head, how to become more this or get more of that, etc. I’ve tended to not go into this too much as 1) It has not been my area of speciality, and 2) A lot of Read more